Occupational Hygiene Services – Does My Business Need Them?
If you’re wondering whether you should hire a professional team to handle your occupational hygiene services in the workplace, the answer is YES! Without the right level of occupational hygiene in the business working environment, tragedy can strike and both business owner and workforce can suffer. Implementing occupational hygiene services provided by an expert team in the industry is a must.
Part of successfully managing a productive work environment is ensuring that all team members are in good health and aren’t exposed to excess risk of injury or illness. According to the International Labour Organisation, millions of lives are lost on a global scale due to workplace injuries, accidents and illness. In fact, millions of people suffer cancer as a direct result of exposure to chemicals and risks in the workplace. And this is just the start of it all. The stats are shocking and if you don’t want to be part of the problem, you should take proactive steps to being a shining example of how to be part of the solution!
Occupational hygiene is a part of your daily and ongoing business operations that should be non-negotiable, and we’re going to tell you why. Here are just a few of the reasons:
• You can improve on the health of your workforce and their quality of life. This will ensure more years of productivity from your existing team members.
• Occupational hygiene services will minimise the total number of employees who leave your employment prematurely due to sickness or injuries. This will benefit your staff members in terms of being healthy and able to work to support their families, as well as your business, as you won’t need to replace staff members and spend time and money on training. Any amount of downtime or delays can be detrimental to the business.
• Reduce healthcare costs. If your company offers medical and healthcare to employees, you can expect to benefit from a healthier and safer workforce.
• Avoid legal complications with workers. Injured staff members or those who become ill will seek legal action against the company. Not only will this cost you a great deal of money, but it will also defame your company’s public image. It is best to have occupational hygiene solutions in place to protect your staff members and in turn, protect your family.
• Improve productivity levels. Occupational hygiene teams will implement systems and strategies to ensure that the most efficient and effective methods are used during daily operations. These are designed to save time while saving lives. If all employees are following procedure, there is little room for illness or injury. If someone abandons procedure and becomes ill or injured, your company will be safeguarded against unfair legal action.
Are you interested in securing occupational hygiene services for the protection of your team and your business? You should be! Get in touch with us at IOH Solutions and we will ensure that you are provided with a strategic occupational health plan and system specifically for your business. Contact us via email or telephone for more information and advice today.