You obviously want what is best for your employees and what is best for your business and its overall profits. Unfortunately, owning and running a business does not automatically mean that you know everything there is to know about benefiting your employees and boosting productivity. Your focus will undoubtedly be on creating products and services that benefit your consumers.
That is why professionals in the industry, such as our specialists at IOH Solutions, can assist you with the finer details. One of our areas of focus is that of office ergonomics. With the right ergonomic setup, your office will become a healthy space that imposes no unnecessary strain and risk to an employee’s health and wellbeing. Healthy, pain-free employees are more likely to be productive, engaged, and motivated. Ergonomics makes the workspace and various tasks more comfortable for the employee, which does great things for your staff complement mindset, and of course, your business’ bottom line.
Is Office Ergonomics Worth the Time and Money?
In the industry, there are five things that can be improved in the workplace thanks to office ergonomics. The benefits attached to office ergonomics are certainly worth the time and effort. Here are five ways in which your business can benefit:
- Cost reductions are made possible as risk factors are minimized. Fewer risks also mean less money spent on paying for injury recovery.
- Improved/increased productivity due to more efficient workstations. Good ergonomics leads to better posture, less exertion, and conservation of energy.
- Improved quality by minimising the exertion required by employees. Fatigued and frustrated employees will not put in their best efforts, which often leads to poor quality outcomes. Ergonomic work spaces make it easy for employees to do the best they can.
- Improved employee engagement/loyalty. When a company puts in good effort to protect their safety, wellbeing, and happiness, it is noticed easily by employees, and results in less absenteeism, improved morale, and a measurable increase in employee enthusiasm.
- Healthy and happy employees are a valuable asset. By catering to their safety and wellbeing, you can also boost work satisfaction, and overall happiness. Happy employees will also boost the image of your business.
In South Africa, health and safety regulations govern what a company must do to cater to the wellbeing of employees. In order to be compliant with such regulations, we strongly recommend that you set a strategy in place for implementing better office ergonomics. Our specialists at IOH Solutions can help you with a better understanding of office ergonomics, and can help you to design and implement various safety mechanisms and ergonomic systems to benefit your business.
Office Ergonomics Made Simple by IOH Solutions
At IOH Solutions, we provide professional assistance with office ergonomics for businesses operating in a variety of industries. If you wish to discuss your needs and requirements, we welcome you to get in touch with us. You can give us a call, or send us an email, to learn more about our services and how we can assist you.