There are many stressors in the workplace that can have a negative impact on employees. Office ergonomics is not often thought about by managers in the workplace, but if you give it some thought, you will realise how important it is to take ergonomics seriously. Without an ergonomic office space, fatigue is almost certain. It is often this fatigue that leads to injury, mistakes, stress, and general dissatisfaction in the workplace.
Imagine walking into an office space that is poorly set up, where you have to reach across people, squeeze past others, and generally do acrobatics to get anything done. Chances are that stress and frustration levels will rise, and you would rather be doing anything other than being productive. This is a problem that your business might be facing, but do not worry, all hope is not lost. IOH Solutions can assist you with this type of workspace issue.
At IOH Solutions, we specialise in office ergonomics and would love to assist you with setting up an office space that caters to the health and safety of employees. We do this through smart ergonomics, and spend a great deal of time assessing the workspace and implementing systems, techniques, and methods to ensure a more ergonomic space. For now, we would like to share a few tips with you to help you start making some changes in the office space yourself.
Decrease Fatigue, Discomfort, and Physical Stress, While Increasing Comfort and Productivity with Ergonomics
- Ensure that office furniture, such as desks and chairs, are set up to suit the physical needs of dedicated employees. For instance, your receptionist’s desk and chair should be at correct heights to support posture and comfort.
- Ensure that all office equipment and furniture is placed conveniently, so that key areas are easy to reach, productivity is not hindered, and the space is comfortable to move around.
- Ensure that all health and safety warning signs are located at eye-level and easy to understand.
- Create breakaway areas for staff members to relax, enjoy their tea and lunch, and take some time away from their work stations. Ensuring that staff members can relax is important to help them feel alert and aware in the workplace. Fatigue can be very dangerous, depending on your work environment.
- Ensure that there is sufficient natural light in the building. Install lighting in dark areas.
These are just a few ways in which you can decrease fatigue and boost productivity by creating an ergonomic workspace.
At IOH Solutions, we specialise in the creation of ergonomic workspaces. We are professional occupational health and safety service providers, and have just the skills required to ensure that your workplace is not just healthy, but safe and productive too.
If you would like to learn a bit more about office ergonomics, and how it can help your business reach greater success, we recommend that you get in touch with us. You can send us an email or give us a call at any time for more information and advice.