Hiring an Occupational Hygienist to Ensure Company Compliance
If you do not have an in-house occupational hygienist working around the clock to ensure that your business is compliant with regulations and legislation in place in your industry and the country, you should consider outsourcing the service. Why, you ask? First and foremost, occupational health and safety strategies are essential to your business. With a health and safety system in place, you can protect the health and safety of your employees, as well as promote your corporate image while maintaining compliance with SA law.
What Our Occupational Hygienists Do
When you hire an occupational hygienist at IOH Solutions, you can expect a professional and thorough service to be provided. Our occupational hygienists will be able to anticipate, recognise, and evaluate various stressors, risks, and hazards faced by your workforce. We will also be able to piece together a unique occupational health and safety strategy that works specifically for your business and workforce. Whether the stressors are biological, chemical, physical, ergonomic, or psychological, we can assist with setting systems and processes in place to minimise or eliminate risk. We can also educate your workforce to ensure that the risks at play do not negatively impact on their health and safety.
What to Expect
The duty of an occupational hygienist can be simple or complex, depending on the nature of your business and what law and the industry demand. Here is what you can expect from us. We will:
- Design, implement, and maintain health and safety systems suitable to the nature of your business.
- Draw up health and safety policies, procedures, and manuals, and ensure that they change and develop as the business grows and expands.
- Develop SHE files.
- Assess current health and safety systems, and update them accordingly.
- Provide general advice on health and safety.
- Ensure that your business is ready for a health and safety audit.
- Ensure that your business is compliant with occupational health and safety regulations.
- Conduct supplier and third-party audits.
Outsource Your Occupational Hygiene Services to IOH Solutions
Hiring an occupational hygienist as part of your staff complement will incur additional costs and contractual issues. There is no need to hire a full-time occupational hygienist. At IOH Solutions, we offer professional occupational health and safety services that will have you covered and save you money. We urge you to get in touch with us to discuss your occupational health and safety needs. You can give us a call or send us an email during regular business hours.