Our Service Delivery Standard – Client Testimonials :
A risk assessment is simply a careful examination of what, in your work, could cause harm to people (a hazard), so that you can weigh up (risk calculation and rating) whether you have taken enough precautions (controls) or should do more to prevent harm. Workers and the community at large have a right to be protected from harm caused by a failure to take reasonable control measures.
Accidents and ill health can ruin lives and affect your business if production is lost, machinery is damaged, insurance costs increase or you have to go to court. You are legally required to assess the risks in your workplace so you must put plans in place to control risks.
Health Risk Assessment
Note: Risk Assessments need to be reviewed at least every two years!
Some Legislation that applies:
- OHS Act No. 85 of 1993 – Sections 8
- Asbestos Regulation of 2002 – Section
- Hazardous Chemical Substances Regulation of 1995 – Section 5
- Lead Regulation of 2002 – Section 6
- Noise Induced Hearing Loss Regulation of 2003 – Section 6
- Mine Health and Safety Act, 1996 (Act No.29 of 1996)