Benefits of Outsourcing Occupational Hygiene Services
In the past, common occupational hygiene services focused mainly on challenges, such as exposure to asbestos, crystalline silica, lead, and solvents. While exposure to these substances is more controlled nowadays, they must still be monitored and limited. But that is not all that occupational health and hygiene is about. As time has progressed, workplace health risks have increased and progressed too.
In addition to chemical exposure risks, workers are now also faced with other heath hazards, such as temperature fluctuations, noise, infectious disease, poor lighting, dust, ergonomic stress, microwaves, and even psychological stress.
The Benefits of Having an Occupational Health and Hygiene Program in Place
Hiring occupational hygiene services is beneficial to both the industry and employees. With the right strategy in place, businesses and workers can expect the following benefits.
- Better health and a longer life expectancy.
- Improved employee retention.
- Less company money spent on healthcare costs.
- Improved productivity and fewer sick days taken.
- Efficient processes making tasks less stressful to workers
The Task of an Occupational Hygienist
Occupational hygienists have their work cut out for them, as health risks across all industries are constantly changing. Every business is required to have a health and hygiene strategy in place, and to be compliant with the legislations and regulations imposed by government and industry. This can prove to be a challenging task, as legislation can change at any time, and so does the working environment. As businesses expand and diversify, so must their occupational health and hygiene strategy.
Outsourcing Occupational Hygiene Services
While some companies employ in-house occupational hygienists, other companies benefit greatly from outsourcing the service. Your business can benefit from outsourcing occupational hygiene services in the following ways:
- Health and safety compliance and certifications will always be up to date. Your occupational hygiene team will ensure that your certificates of compliance are always valid and current. If there are new requirements, you will be advised, so that arrangements can be made.
- The work environment will be truly safe for both employees and outside visitors. By law, you are required to provide a safe environment. When accidents happen, they will be investigated and you could get a fine or worse, if the correct mechanisms are not in place. Occupational hygiene services will assess the workplace and ensure that safety measures are incorporated effectively.
- Your business will be audited regularly by professionals who are up to date with the latest health and safety regulations. This means that if any authorities decide to do a check-up, you can rest assured that your business is always safe and, of course, compliant with latest laws and regulations.
- You will not have to deal with employment issues. When your occupational hygiene services are outsourced, there is no need to worry about recruitment, employee retention, and high monthly salaries and benefits.
Outsource Occupational Hygiene Responsibilities to IOH Solutions
At IOH Solutions, we provide professional occupational hygiene services to many industries. Whether you need some advice or want to implement a fully-fledged occupational hygiene strategy, we can assist. To discuss your needs and requirements, contact us via email or telephone today.