7 Important Elements that Your Occupational Hygiene Solutions Should Contain
Every modern day South African business should have an occupational health and safety policy statement, which acts as the backbone of your company’s commitment to providing a safe work environment for employees. With sound occupational hygiene solutions helping your company ensure compliance, all employees, from directors to the office cleaner, third party inspectors and auditors, and the public, will feel safe on your premises.
To ensure that this is achieved, seven elements should be covered in your occupational hygiene and health policy, which are:
- To maintain, at all times, healthy and safe working conditions for all, including the use of equipment and machinery.
- To work towards continuous enhancements aimed at avoiding accidents and work-related illnesses.
- To guarantee the secure and safe transportation, handling, storage and use of all hazardous substances.
- To effectively identify any hazards to your staff and third parties that might be affected by the work processes carried out by your company.
- To provide all employees with adequate and appropriate training, which insures their competency in carrying out their duties safely.
- To continually consult with employees on occupational hygiene and safety matters that affect their wellbeing, and to provide them with all of the required training and information that they need.
- To continuously revise and review the health and safety policy.
How IOH Solutions’ Occupational Hygiene Solutions can Help Your Business
Occupational hygiene is important to ensuring a safe and secure working environment for your employees. At IOH Solutions, we have many years of experience in helping our clients deploy effective solutions in their workplaces, removing obstacles and threats to their employees’ safety, and ensuring compliance with relevant regulations.
We bring many years of experience to each project that we undertake, and offer our expertise to the benefit of our clients. When you entrust us with your occupational hygiene solutions, these are among some of the services that you can expect from IOH Solutions:
- Occupational health risk assessments;
- Air sampling of hazardous chemical substances;
- Illumination surveys;
- Indoor air quality surveys; and
- Ventilation and noise surveys, to name a few.
We also offer drinking water sampling to SANS 241-1:2011 standards and Legionella water sampling to SANS 893 (1 & 2) standards. Our team of professionals is able to help with the design, development and maintenance of health and safety systems tailored around your business’s unique needs.
We also assist with the developing and drafting of all health and safety documentation with relation to the relevant act, including manuals, procedures and policies. As part of our occupational health solutions, we also review your current health and safety documentation, and help you to re-engineer your current health and safety systems. If required, we can also offer consultancy and advice on general health and safety services.
These are only a few of the solutions that we offer our valued clients. To learn more about how our occupational hygiene solutions can help your business grow, and protect your employees’ health and safety, contact IOH Solutions to discuss our services in more detail.